What is a “Church on the Sound”? Since we are a few miles away from the Long Island Sound, it’s not about our location. Rather, it describes the character of our congregation. The Scriptures define “sound” as healthy, whole; one who experiences shalom, or peace.
Church on the Sound is committed to:
- Resounding praise through worship.
- Sound doctrine based on the Scriptures.
- Becoming sound people whose purpose is to live beyond themselves.
- Recognizing the sound of God’s voice.
Church on the Sound exists to:
- Encounter God – a God who is real, who is supernatural, and whose presence can be experienced.
- Empower People – we’ve been created by God and for God. We want everyone to discover and live out their God-given purpose and destiny.
- Embrace our World – we do not exist for ourselves, but to extend our reach beyond the walls of the church itself. At the same time we want to be a congregation where everyone feels welcomed and loved; a place where there is no “them.” Where everyone becomes an “us.”
Thanks for visiting our site. If you’re in the area, join us sometime.