1. “Whatever you give your attention to”
– Focus requires time, energy and maintenance
– What should I be giving my attention to?
2. “Bringing clarity”
The Apostle Paul: a focused life
– His aim: to know Christ and to make Him known
Focus requires preparation
– In this passage, Paul pictures himself as a runner who prepares for the race by having a certain frame of mind.
Preparing to Focus: Forgetting what is behind
– In order for you to be focused, you have get free
– Free from the bad done to you, free from the bad that is being done to you, and from the bad you have done.
– How? “Love keeps no record of wrongs.”
– Focus: Get free from the good things you have done.
Pressing on toward the goal
I fasten my heart to the future instead.
– What goals has God placed on your heart?
– Make them S.M.A.R.T. goals
– Make them B.H.A.G.
– Center them around the K.O.G.