Our choices matter…
Three Approaches to Purpose
1. Forget about it! There is no purpose.
2. You create your own purpose.
3 You were created with purpose You discover it.
The problem: For most of us, approval becomes our default mode.
- If you don’t know the purpose of something, you are likely to misuse it.
- If you don’t know the purpose of something ask the one who created it.
- Chose purpose over approval.
- Chose calling over comfort.
The pathway to purpose:
- Think small ”p”: in what way will this please God?
The power of Purpose
- Observation #1: Purpose diminishes distraction. (Nehemiah)
- Observation #2: Purpose pushes you through the pain.
- Observation #3: Purpose empowers you to please God.
We cannot please everybody, but we can live to please God.