A Model of Confession- The Prodigal Son
I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have
- sinned against heaven
- and before you.
- I am no longer worthy to be called your son.
- Treat me as one of your hired servants
- It is a sin against God
- It is a sin before you (against the other person)
- It does not demand the relationship be restored normal
- It is doing things to show them that this will not happen again.
Confession: Only when you sin against someone? No. (Hebrews 3:13)
To whom do you need to confess?
- Whom do we Rescue? People who have wandered from the truth
- It’s when you see a pattern of coldness, indifference toward God, moving away from other believers, from church – Search & Rescue!
- Who Rescues Search and Rescue is the job of every Christian
Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his ways…
- Why Rescue
Will save his soul from death
How to Rescue
- Be grieved over their wandering.
- Cover over their offense
Ch 5 v20 “For the one who restores the sinning believer back to God from the error of his way, …covers over countless sins by their demonstration of love!” (TPT)
- Remember Jesus – the true elder brother (Luke 15)
We have a seeking Lord who loves the one stray sheep, the one lost coin & the lost son.
When you go after a person who has wandered away, you represent the true elder brother. (Jesus)He came and rescued you.That is why you go to rescue them.