Introducing the Holy Spirit
Text: Joel 2:28ff, Acts 1:8, 2:1-4, Romans 5:5
Introduction: The Power of Touch
- Human beings thrive when they are touched.
- The way God touches us is through the Holy Spirit
BIG IDEA The Holy Spirit is to be EXPERIENCED (Acts 2:1-4)
- The Christian faith is more than a set of beliefs or creeds.
- It was meant to be practiced and experienced.
- It is an INTERNAL experience (Jeremiah 31:31-34, Ezekiel 36:27)
- It is an EMPOWERING experience (Acts 1:8)
- I am going to give you power to perform the mission that I gave you -Jesus
Christianity is fire setting.
- It is an EMBRACING experience
- It does not discriminate based on race, gender, age or social status. (Joel 2:28.29 /Acts 2:17, 18)
- The gift of the Spirit is a champion for social justice.
Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed? Acts 19:2