Winning Today: Seed the Clouds
I Kings 18
Opening Illustration: Vincent Schaefer, created weather modification technique used today called cloud seeding. But it is as old as the prophet Elijah.
What clouds do I need to seed?
Elijah shows us three ways to seed the clouds
- Prophetic Imagination
– defined as seeing the invisible, hearing the inaudible, believing the impossible.
– Our primary problem: self-talk
– The antidote: the still small voice of the Holy Spirit
– The cure is Scripture: Romans 12:2
Don’t become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants—what is good, pleasing, and perfect. (GWT)
- Patient Persistence
– We don’t pray ASAP prayers. We pray ALAT prayers (As long as it takes)
– Elijah prayed seven times: the number of completion. What if he had stopped at 6?
“Though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again.” (Pr. 24:16)
- Bold Prayers – James 5:16
– “Fervent” – energy and passion directed at accomplishing something.
– The parables of Jesus: guest at midnight, the persistent widow.
– Prayers have no expiration date: 2 Kings 8:18