Winning the Day: Watch the Clock
How old are you? How long have you lived?
- Time is measured in minutes, but life is measured in moments.
Three Observations about time
- Time is a human construct
- God does not exist within the space, time, dimensions that he created. There is no past, present, or future. (2 Peter 3:8)
- We live forward, but God is working backward.
We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works prepared for us in advance to do. Ephesians 2:10
- Romans 8:28 / Philippians 1:6
Before Abraham was, I AM. – Jesus (John 8:58)
“I have delivered Jericho into your hands.”
– God, spoken prior to the fall of Jericho. (Joshua 6:2)
- Everything is created twice
- There’s an internal creation before the physical manifestation
- When God gives a vision, he makes provision.
Watch the Clock: Redeem the Time
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:15,16)
- Managing the Minutes
- You don’t find time, you make time
- Time is the great equalizer
Curse the barren fig tree
- They represent things that are not producing fruit; they’re a waste of time, and a waste of energy.
Redeem the time: Establish boundaries and set priorities
- Sabbath: the longest commandment and one of the hardest to obey.
- Managing the Moments
Two words for time:
Chronos – clock time
Kairos – unforgettable moments
How to create Kairos moments
- Steward teachable moments
Kairos moments are seeing opportunities instead of issues
- Accumulate experiences (not possessions)
The greatest experiences in life are those from following in the
footsteps of Jesus
Only one life will soon be past only what’s done for Christ will last.