I. Live in the Present
– According to psychologists, Matthew Killingsworth and Daniel Gilbert, the average person spends 46.9% of their time thinking about something other than what they’re doing in the present moment.
– A God-idea: “Give us this day, our daily bread”.
“Take up your cross daily”.
“This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.”
“His mercies are new every morning.”
“Don’t let the sun go down on your anger.”
“Don’t worry about tomorrow.”
– We win together, one day at a time
II. Flip the Script: If you want to change your life, change your story. (Genesis 50:20)
You intended to harm me, BUT GOD intended it for good
to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.”
1. Know your NAME (Genesis 45:3)
– The big reveal: I am Joseph!
– Culture will try to name you. Your experience will try to name you. You have to know who you are, you have to know whose you are, you have to know your name.
– Ephesians 1:3-8
2. Fix your FOCUS (Php 4:8)
– Your focus determines your reality
– Cognitive reappraisal: telling yourself a different story about what is/or has happened to you. (ch 50:20)
– What are the explanations you are telling yourself? How and where are you fixing your focus?
– Hebrews 12:1,2
3. Change your STORY
– When we get grafted into God’s family, we get grafted into God’s story.
– Joseph’s season of acceleration
– Our season: The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes.” (Amos 9:13)