The Power of Hope
I Corinthians 15
- What are you hoping for?
- We are all hopers
- We are facing a hope shortage
- What are you hoping in?
- Hope is what anchors the soul and holds you in the storm. Hope is what keeps you going when you’ve lost what you were hoping for. (Hebrews 6:19)
III. Why you can put your hope in the Gospel
- It’s historical (it’s true)
- The resurrection then means you can put your ultimate hope in God.
- We are part of the “third day” story
- It’s what the Gospel offers
- The problem with the human race is that we’re still us
- The hope of the Gospel is that it offers grace, forgiveness, salvation and eternal life.
What will you hope IN?
- You can live for what is temporal…or you can live for God, what is eternal.
- On what will you take your stand?
“Hope” is the thing with feathers –
That perches in the soul –
And sings the tune without the words –
And never stops – at all –
By Emily Dickinson